Re: Security headers and browser extensions

Hi Scott,

While I'm in the same position as you (I build websites, and want to secure them as much as possible), the extension itself is something that the user installed (in theory), and they should be allowed to do whatever they like (the user is in control).

This does annoy me from the security point of view (the extension can be stealing all kinds of data), but if the extension is malicious, it has already compromised the computer, so there isn't much you can do :-(

The reason it's like this is because many extensions are installed by the user for a reason, and that reason may be as simple as improving the accessibility of the website (even if that's an ad blocker).

So when I change my focus to the browser extension I created, one that helps people block animations (i.e. to make reading pages easier), it does this by simply taking a screenshot and overlays it over the page, the websites owner shouldn't stop the user from having this level of control.

Hope that helps,

Craig