Verified Javascript: Proposal

Hi Jeffrey,

We're not trying to put the contents of web applications in the log. We're
trying to put *hashes* of the contents of web applications in the log.
Those are much smaller.

Also, keep in mind that web applications themselves are also incentivized
to keep certificates small, since large certificates mean longer load
times. So if they have a web application with a thousand files, they might
opt to use HCS for just 1 of them (the root html file) and SRI for
everything else.

Finally, here's a summary of all logged certificates last week [1]. Let's
Encrypt alone has issued over 4 million certificates this week. Even if a
few hundred web applications start requesting a certificate every hour
because of HCS (which Let's Encrypt does not allow, but some CA's do),
that's a drop in the bucket.

-- Daniel Huigens

[1]: https://crt.sh/?cablint=1+week

Op 25 apr. 2017 16:53 schreef "Jeffrey Yasskin" <jyasskin@google.com