Re: XSS-Protection notes

Ángel:
That sounds great.  We should be careful to avoid adding complexity to the
extent that this new header becomes even more unwieldy than what we have
today.  (Not that what you're proposing is too complex.)

Crispin:
It's been difficult to watch how things have played out over the past few
years with the IE / Edge filter, for sure.  It doesn't seem that the filter
is being maintained with consistency, and when changes do pop out they
often seem indefensible and surely create perf / compat headaches.  (E.g.:
The regex that was added to block anchors.  Or the change to the neuter
replacement character from # to ^.)  I've pinged the team in June & July to
suggest disabling the IE / Edge filter but haven't heard back.  I'll add
you to the thread as it looks like this may help.

Dave