Re: Proposal to add a browsing context named "_private"

So here's a summary of the discussion so far (the status of items with
question mark is not completely clear to me):

Proposal: adding target="_private" to <a> tag spec and an explicit "private
mode" browsing context.

Pros:
  + Better UI/UX on some sites (e.g. some links on Reddit).
  + Easier to give instructions when sites require a session/cookie-less
browsing context.
  + Easier discoverability of the private browsing feature.

Cons:
  - Sites may conduct (phishing?) attacks on the user and not leave a trace.
  - Whether to go private or not should be strictly a user decision.
  ? Will require standardizing Incognito/private mode across browsers.
  - Unclear how to explain the risks involved in simple language to the
user.

Compromises:
  - Pop-ups for each click: too annoying and will be ignored.
  ? One-off permission for domains, like the permissions for media access.

Did I miss anything?

~
ut