Re: HSTS priming vs preloading

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Jim Manico <jim@manicode.com> wrote:

> Forgive this indulgence, but does HSTS preloading have the same benefits
> of HSTS priming since preloaded HSTS would occur before the mixed content
> check?

Yes. Basically, we'd only do a priming ping if the origin being requested
wasn't already marked as HSTSized in the user's local browser. The fact
that we _would_ do a priming ping for non-secure origins that aren't in the
local browser's HSTS list ensures that we can do the upgrade without
breakage.

Feel free to answer on list if you prefer.

CCing the list just so other folks with the same question can weigh in. :)

-mike