Re: [webappsec] CfC: Draft charter for review, ends 21-Dec-2016

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 9:23 PM, Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer@w3.org> wrote:

> Thanks Brad and Terri,
>
> I sent a PR with a few editorial and group name changes (and CSP2 is now
> a Rec, yay!).
> https://github.com/w3c/webappsec/pull/522
>
> On 12/19/2016 04:55 PM, Oda, Terri wrote:
> > I probably won't be able to attend the meeting on Dec 21st due to travel,
> > but I just want to say that I have read the new charter and it sounds
> > reasonable and like what I was expecting it to be.
> >
> > My AC rep commented that there was talk about doing more on the security
> > review for other specs, and I see that this is in there under the "Web
> > Security Model" section.
>
> He may have been referring to the Web Security IG (charter currently
> under AC review), which we are aiming to refocus for more effective
> reviews of other groups' specs.

Yes, I was.  :-)

> > My only suggestion is that we've talked a lot in meetings about the
> > usability of policies and the understanding of users, but there's nothing
> > explicitly in the charter suggesting that usability of policy is a goal
> for
> > webappsec.  With the poor use of CSP in the wild, should we maybe
> consider
> > putting that in the charter in order to help attract the type of talent
> we
> > need to make the next version gain more effective adoption?
>
> Interesting idea. Would you think of adding language to the spec, or
> sharing non-normative best practices outside the spec?

My suggestion would be to initially create a non-normative best practices
outside of the spec.  Longer term we should look at incorporating things
like this into the spec but I think we should leave this outside the spec
while we explore the best way to do this.

Ryan