Re: Permissions store

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 7:28 AM, Raymes Khoury <raymes@google.com> wrote:
> For example, what if the UA shows a prompt (in the context of a
> request()) that allows the user to allow the permission for several origins
> at a time? I feel like this could be done in a responsible way by a UA. In
> that case I feel happy about the phrase we have: "New information about the
> user’s intent". If there was no prompt, it wouldn't be nice for that to
> happen, but then that's clearly not "New information about the user’s
> intent".

This is exactly the kind of thing that is problematic. Since if a UA
ships that and sites come to depend on it, other UAs will have to
copy. Requiring changes to the standard for such practices is a good
way to keep everyone informed of competitive pressures.

> Permissions should generally be scoped to origins by default but UAs can
> have such varied UX that it's hard to spec that out in granularity.

I don't think allowing UX to vary to the extent that it influences how
sites are programmed is responsible.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/