Re: SOP wiki was: A Somewhat Critical View of SOP (Same Origin Policy)

Within the context of Web Origins, FIDO uses approximately the same scoping
rules as cookies. That is to say, key scope must stay within a delegated
label or its children and not cross delegation points identified by the
public suffix list.  "www.example.com" and "register.example.com" can each
set a cookie for "example.com" which the other can see, but subdomains of "
hosting.example.com" cannot set cookies at or beyond that label if it is
designated as a public suffix.  This provides some limited usability
affordances within the existing information flow boundaries of the web
security model while mostly that keys are scoped to a single logical
organization as defined by domain registrars.