CfC: Transition "Secure Contexts" to CR; deadline October 1st.

From: Mike West <mkwst@google.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 13:24:25 +0200
To: "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, Brad Hill <hillbrad@gmail.com>, Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer@w3.org>, Dan Veditz <dveditz@mozilla.com>, Richard Barnes <rbarnes@mozilla.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Yan Zhu <yzhu@yahoo-inc.com>
BCC: www-tag@, public-webapps@, public-privacy@, public-geolocation@,
public-review-announce@.

Hello, WebAppSec! Two weeks ago, I noted that Secure Contexts was pretty
much done, and ready to review (
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webappsec/2015Sep/0068.html).
I've made some changes to the doc based on feedback during that period
(thanks mostly to Anne), and I think we're close enough to call it done and
see if anyone points out crazy things I've missed. :)

This is a call for consensus to transition to Candidate Recommendation with
the document at:

https://w3c.github.io/webappsec/specs/powerfulfeatures/published/2015-10-CR.html

The core of the specification is already implemented in Chrome and Firefox,
and is used in a number of specifications to gate certain features (like
Service Workers) to contexts which offer guarantees about their usage. I
expect those implementations can align with the specification fairly
quickly, and I don't believe anything in the document needs to be marked as
"at risk".

As discussed on public-webapps@, this document references WHATWG documents
in several places where the W3C version is out of date. A list of the
referenced terms are available for review at
https://w3c.github.io/webappsec/specs/powerfulfeatures/#index-defined-elsewhere
.

The deadline for this CfC is one week from today, October 1st. As always,
explicit (positive!) feedback to public-webappsec@w3.org is appreciated!

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, @mikewest

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München,
Germany, Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Hamburg, Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth
Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)