Re: A Somewhat Critical View of SOP (Same Origin Policy)

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 10:47:51 +0200
To: Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>
Cc: Henry Story <henry.story@co-operating.systems>, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>, Mike O'Neill <michael.oneill@baycloud.com>, Tony Arcieri <bascule@gmail.com>, public-webappsec@w3.org, "public-web-security@w3.org" <public-web-security@w3.org>
On Tuesday 15 September 2015 17:48:46 Alex Russell wrote:
> This assessment is patently false. What's being proposed for removal is
> silent, automatic installation of keys without user consent. To treat that
> as removal of user control is perverse bordering on prevarication.

Can we tone down to a civilized conversation?. Depending on your viewpoint,
there was a lot of "prevarication" recently. If you want a sane discussion,
you have to be interested in the viewpoint of the other side.

BTW, using kmail it took me a look at Henry's response to find your
contribution in the sea of citations. Even the HTML view did not help.

 --Rigo