Re: CSP 401 Issue

As I recall, we've tried to do this a few times in Chrome. We've had both
compatibility issues as well as security issues. Naively suppressing the
dialog makes it possible to brute-force username/password combinations (as
the user's never notified, and failures are distinguishable from successes
via any number of side-channels (nativeWidth, etc)).

+Tom, who knows more about the details than I do.

-mike

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, @mikewest

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München,
Germany, Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Hamburg, Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth
Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)