Re: [UPGRADE] Consider plan B for reduced complexity?

Remember this isn't just about user agents.  A specifically motivating use
case is sites that need to access data that is only available over http
from legacy origins which are perhaps mostly-unmaintained and may take a
very long time to get with the https program.

In such cases, it is ideal to provide an application owner a way to get
user-agent assistance in rewriting links automatically from http->https,
a-la-HSTS, but not simultaneously force entire origins to be exclusively
available over https, since they may need to occasionally send users to an
application loaded from http in order that it might access insecure
third-party data at legacy endpoints.