Re: UPGRADE: 'HTTPS' header causing compatibility issues.

On 7 July 2015 at 05:10, Mike West <mkwst@google.com> wrote:
> If there's a clear solution for the caching problem (`key`), and we're just
> waiting for it to be deployed, then I'd prefer `Prefer`. :)

OK, let's try to put these in perspective.  Yes, Key is a solution to
the "problem" of caching Prefer (and other similar header fields).
But the problem only exists where there are multiple independent uses
of Prefer in the same request.  My current understanding is that there
isn't a whole lot of enthusiasm for taking on the complexity of Key,
but primarily because it's not actually clear that the problem is
serious enough to warrant solving.  In other words, the medicine could
be worse than the illness.

Please don't let this sort of minutiae stop you from doing the right thing.