Re: Proposal: A pinning mechanism for CSP?

From: Brad Hill <hillbrad@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 17:53:19 +0000
To: Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, Deian Stefan <deian@cs.stanford.edu>
Cc: yan zhu <yan@mit.edu>, Dan Veditz <dveditz@mozilla.com>, Yan Zhu <yzhu@yahoo-inc.com>, "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>, Chris Palmer <palmer@google.com>, Ryan Sleevi <sleevi@google.com>, Frederik Braun <fbraun@mozilla.com>, Jim Manico <jim.manico@owasp.org>
We didn't discuss it at AppSec, so you're not missing any notes.

Hat=individual

I like option #2, and Facebook would have real use for such a feature.

I think Yan's use case is valid and interesting, but I don't think it's a
CSP pinning feature, it's a something-else meta-stable-crypto-key
confinement something feature, and I think both it and CSP would be harmed
by trying to shoehorn it in as CSP pinning.

-Brad