Re: CSP: Drop IP-matching? (was Re: [CSP] URI/IRI normalization and comparison)

From: Mike West <mkwst@google.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 11:18:18 +0100
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: Joel Weinberger <jww@chromium.org>, Brian Smith <brian@briansmith.org>, Brad Hill <hillbrad@gmail.com>, "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>
On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 10:54 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
wrote:

> Given that nothing else outlaws public IP addresses we probably want
> to support them in the long term. The main problem is the parsing and
> comparison not being defined in sufficient detail.

The only piece that isn't defined is IPv6 matching. We define IP address
matching, it just doesn't make sense when wildcards come in. :)

-mike

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, @mikewest

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München,
Germany, Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Hamburg, Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth
Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)