Re: [SRI] Suggesting Francois Marier (Mozilla) as editor

From: Mike West <mkwst@google.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 11:11:31 +0100
To: Frederik Braun <fbraun@mozilla.com>
Cc: "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>
On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 11:05 AM, Frederik Braun <fbraun@mozilla.com> wrote:

> Mike asked to be dropped from the editor's list, given his recent
> involvement in a lot of other specifications (on twitter).

I'm just doing more work on other things; I haven't really touched the SRI
spec since writing the initial draft, so I'm glad the other three editors
have picked up the slack.

I hope you won't mind if I still have opinions, however. :)

> I suggest to drag Francois Marier into spec editor land, in Mike's
> stead. Francois has been active on the mailing list for a while, due to
> his involvement in implementing SRI in Firefox. He's also contributed a
> lot of useful spec patches through pull requests on GitHub.

I think it's better for the spec to have the folks actually knee-deep in
implementing the feature involved in documenting its inner-workings.
Francois seems to be doing a great job with GitHub PRs. I think he'd
continue to do a great job in a more official position.

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, @mikewest

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München,
Germany, Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Hamburg, Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth
Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)