Re: [MIX] Require HTTPS scripts to be able to anything HTTP scripts can do.

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 6:39 PM, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Isn't it also the case that cross-origin images like that are
> inaccessible to script?  Obviously, there is some information leakage
> (timing, for instance), but rarely anything that could be actionable
> and therefore exploitable.

The user could be misled if the images are replaced or altered in
transit. E.g. headlines done as images, an important news image, etc.
Given how something simple as not securing clock synchronization can
have drastic consequences (has this been patched yet?) I would be
really suspect of any form of Mixed Content.

(I hope nobody is too confused with me trying to argue both sides to
tease out anything we're missing.)

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/