Re: WebAppSec re-charter status

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 9:50 PM, Eduardo' Vela" <Nava> <evn@google.com> wrote:
> Hmm, I think I didn't explain myself correctly.

I thought you did.

> The concern is that, say, if EPR was implemented, sites like Facebook or the
> WSJ could block Google, or Bing from linking to their site.
>
> Other concern is that, for example, Bugzilla or github could break links in
> a way that I couldn't bookmark them or store them in delicio.us.
>
> Other concern is that, for example, Yahoo News could be linked to from Bing
> but not DuckDuckGo.
>
> Did I miss any concerns on EPR vs. The Web?

Directly linking to "subresources" of an EPR site, presumably.

> Which of these concerns is impossible without EPR? Say, with Referrer
> checking.

As I said, if you implement Referer checking you might end up breaking
your own site for a number of users due to weird firewall policies.
See past research on that header. I think it was done by Adam Barth.

> Is the concern that EPR will make this practice mainstream?

It's a concern, certainly.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/