Re: UPGRADE: Feature detection?

From: Mike West <mkwst@google.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 15:51:20 +0100
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>, Peter Eckersley <pde@eff.org>, Eric Mill <eric@konklone.com>, Jacob S Hoffman-Andrews <jsha@eff.org>
On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 3:45 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 3:34 PM, Mike West <mkwst@google.com> wrote:
>> WDYT?
>
> Long term this will be bloat similar to Accept-Charset that can be
> hard to remove.

Yup. That certainly worries me. But skimming the user agent to
determine support worries me more.

I welcome alternative suggestions.

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, @mikewest

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München, Germany,
Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Hamburg, Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine
Elizabeth Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)