Re: iframe sandbox for third-party widgets and ads (was Re: [CSP] Clarifications on nonces)

<hat=individual>

In the end, like so much of security, this is going to boil down to
economics and incentives.  We should take it as a given that we are not
going to solve everybody's problem and create a perfect security utopia for
advertising.

What we can do is create primitives that allow those on the supply-side who
care to offer reasonable security guarantees without having to turn away
too much demand.

>From my perspective, the easiest way to accommodate that demand-side
feature pressure is not a bunch of fine-grained feature flags, but
prioritizing a model that can be easily integrated into the *authoring
tools* for advertising creative content, so that it is clear to agencies
what will work and how they can build stuff that will be supported in a
"secure" ad placement.

-Brad