Re: [CSP] Clarifications on nonces

From: Mike West <mkwst@google.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 12:29:52 +0100
To: Jim Manico <jim.manico@owasp.org>
Cc: Brian Smith <brian@briansmith.org>, Devdatta Akhawe <dev.akhawe@gmail.com>, Daniel Veditz <dveditz@mozilla.com>, "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>
On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 11:08 AM, Jim Manico <jim.manico@owasp.org> wrote:

> > The general thrust is "Don't run third-party JavaScript in your site's
> context." and "Don't serve ads that require DOM access"
>
> Mike, this shuts down the vast majority of the internet advertising
> industry and doesn't seem realistic, especially for media-centric
> endeavors.

Sorry if my email wasn't phrased clearly, but I do agree with this
position.

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, @mikewest

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München,
Germany, Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Hamburg, Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth
Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)