Re: WebAppSec re-charter status

From: Devdatta Akhawe <dev.akhawe@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 23:35:33 -0800
To: Deian Stefan <deian@cs.stanford.edu>
Cc: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, Brad Hill <hillbrad@gmail.com>, Jeffrey Yasskin <jyasskin@google.com>, Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer@w3.org>, David Ross <drx@google.com>, Dan Veditz <dveditz@mozilla.com>, Mounir Lamouri <mlamouri@google.com>, David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>
hmm .. maybe we are talking across each other --- so does the
requirement spec'ing that browsers implement the logic for DC (or
DIFC) labels?

I would rather that browsers do the confinement and allow webapp
JavaScript code to do interposition and implement whatever label /
flow system it desires. Your last email suggests that you also want
the same. If the proposal only about implementing confinement and
interposition, that sounds good to me (although, I share Mike's
concerns about side channels).

cheers
Dev