Re: Upgrade mixed content URLs through HTTP header

On Feb 2, 2015 4:58 PM, "Jim Manico" <jim.manico@owasp.org> wrote:

> > The only way to support clients that don't support the thing we haven't
> implemented yet would be to alter the links at the source.
>
> You can always have JavaScript do this for you... Take Clickjacking
> defense: Just like X-Frame-Options issues with legacy clients, there
> are pure Js framebusting solutions that are rameasonable.

If adjusting the source was an option, we wouldn't need this header.

Sites with large amounts of legacy content (W3C, NYT, etc) have a hard time
ensuring that all the pages on their sites are updated with new URLs. I
think that's the problem Anne is aiming at mitigating.

-mike