Re: CfC: Subresource Integrity (SRI) to Last Call?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 09:51:01 -0700
To: Joel Weinberger <jww@chromium.org>
Cc: Austin William Wright <aaa@bzfx.net>, Devdatta Akhawe <dev.akhawe@gmail.com>, Frederik Braun <fbraun@mozilla.com>, "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>
On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 3:48 PM, Joel Weinberger <jww@chromium.org> wrote:
> FWIW, it would not be difficult for Chrome to switch back to the ni:///
> syntax, so I don't think we should make that a blocker on using it.

As per https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webappsec/2015Jan/0200.html
and other emails I wrote on the subject I'm opposed to switching back.
URLs add a layer of abstraction to the processing model that is not
warranted and for which there is no precedent. The precedent worth
following here is CSP and HTML's existing approach to syntax within
attributes.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/