Re: Privileged context features and JavaScript

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 02:52:39 -0400
To: Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, public-webappsec@w3.org, public-script-coord <public-script-coord@w3.org>
On 4/17/15 2:44 AM, Mike West wrote:
> Consider Geolocation, for instance: users can disable the API entirely
> in Chrome (and, I assume, other browsers). Should we remove the API in
> these cases as well?

There's no user-facing UI to disable geolocation in Firefox, but there
is a preference that can be changed in about:config and there are some
instructions for how to change that preference in about:rights on some
Firefox platforms (e.g. Firefox on Android).

If that preference is toggled, we in fact remove the API entirely, so
that "'geolocation' in navigator" tests false.

-Boris