Re: Proposal: not-a-scheme digest URI scheme, with graceful degradation

On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 3:02 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 2014-09-20 14:07, Eduardo Robles Elvira wrote:
>>
>> Hello everyone:
>>
>> I'd like to first bring to your attention the benefits of a digest uri
>> scheme. There have been proposals in that direction at IETF [0]. It's
>
> I think this led to <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6920>.

> Best regards, Julian

Hello Julian:

Thanks for the information. I'm sorry I haven't read all the related
standards. That< makes me have some ideas to solve problems that, as
it turns out, have already been solved - and with a better and more
generic solution than the one I proposed. That makes me look like a
fool but I don't worry about that, because it means the Internet is
well architected :-). I don't want to create too much noise in the
list though.

The RFC6920 you mention defines a .well-known URI ni suffix that
creates a better solution to the problem I was referring to. May I
ask, are browser-vendors planning to support .well-kwnon URI ni suffix
in their browsers so that if I click in a .well-known ni URI, it loads
*and checks its integrity*, or currently the idea is just to give the
minimal RFC6920 support needed to make SRI work (i.e. make ni URIs
work only as subresources' metadata)?

Regards,
--
Eduardo Robles Elvira     @edulix             skype: edulix2