Re: CSP: Minimum cipher strength

The general problem of mixed-* within HTTPS is a horse that has been to the
glue factory many times.

It's at every level. EV certificates, for example, does not offer a
meaningful demarcation of security, because it's entirely within the same
origin as DV. Adam Barth discussed this years ago (which I suppose is the
web security equivalent of "Simpsons did it") in
http://seclab.stanford.edu/websec/origins/fgo.pdf , which you can find
referenced in a variety of attacks against EV (EV stripping, JS injection,
etc). The solution to resolve this was more or less what you're proposing
now - a new scheme (HTTPSEV), which means a new origin, which means all the
lovely mixed content protections / same origin policies apply.

In more recent years, this has come up again with "mixed-HSTS" and
"mixed-HPKP" discussions (which, unlike Mike, I don't think are a good
place to express these sorts of policies), which themselves then became
part of Joe Bonneau's overall secure-links scheme (see
http://www.secure-links.org/ )

Ultimately, I agree with Mike - the solution to solve this (generally) is
for UAs to start deprecating things. We're already seeing this with SHA-1 (
*cough
<http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com/2014/09/gradually-sunsetting-sha-1.html>*
), and I think it's very likely we'll start seeing with both TLS versions
and cipher configurations (that we haven't already is more due to oversight
than lack of enthusiasm)