Re: CSP: Minimum cipher strength

On 9/8/14 4:54 PM, Erlend Oftedal wrote:
> Hi
>
> Reading the chapter this blog post
> http://marc.durdin.net/2014/09/risks-with-third-party-scripts-on-internet-banking-sites/
> made me think about the problem of using third party scripts where the
> SSL/TLS is poorly configured, and how we could deal with that.

Maybe I misunderstood the motivation... but

As the blog post says third-party script can be hijacked at any given time.
If you use a third-party script, you are trusting the organization
hosting the script on behalf of you. You include them because you
**trust** them.

To me, the best way to do that is browsers reject weak ciphers at some point
in the future, similar to Chrome's goal to deprecate SHA1-certificate in
the next few years. There was a small discussion about this on IETF based on
quick search. [1] The other question I have is how many insecure ciphers
are people using and how many are still honored by modern browsers? All?

[1]: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tls/current/msg09789.html

John