Re: CfC: Publish a FPWD of "Requirements for Powerful Features"

From: John Kemp <john@jkemp.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 10:12:49 -0500
To: chaals@yandex-team.ru, Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, Brad Hill <hillbrad@fb.com>
CC: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>
Hi Chaals,

On 11/25/2014 06:54 AM, chaals@yandex-team.ru wrote:
> TL;DR: Please go ahead.
> 24.11.2014, 23:20, "Mike West" <mkwst@google.com>:
>> On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 9:00 PM, Brad Hill <hillbrad@fb.com
>> <mailto:hillbrad@fb.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     I've made a pull request to formalize the tone a bit.  Pending that or
>>     similar updates by the editor, I support the publication of this
>>     draft.
>>
>> Thank you! I accepted the pull, cleaned up a few bits, and
>> republished: http://w3c.github.io/webappsec/specs/powerfulfeatures/
> It is really helpful in a call for consensus to have a URL to a
> snapshot.

FWIW, you can review the commits made, individually if you so desire, by
going to https://github.com/w3c/webappsec/commits/master

> Consensus to publish "whatever was there when I looked" is
> actually seriously weakened if you can change what is there (this is
> security 101, right?).

One thing that might improve the process is even for the spec editors to
work in branches and issue Git pull requests back to master. The pull
requests can be reviewed as a whole, or by looking at individual
commits, prior to the reviewed pull request being merged to master.

- johnk