Re: "Requirements for Powerful Features" strawman.

No strong opinions here.  If it's normative, it probably belongs here, if it is non-normative, having it be a TAG finding vs. a WG Note might carry more impact.

From: Mike West <mkwst@google.com<mailto:mkwst@google.com>>
Date: Thursday, November 20, 2014 at 11:45 AM
To: Bradley Hill <hillbrad@fb.com<mailto:hillbrad@fb.com>>
Cc: Chris Palmer <palmer@google.com<mailto:palmer@google.com>>, "public-webappsec@w3.org<mailto:public-webappsec@w3.org>" <public-webappsec@w3.org<mailto:public-webappsec@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: "Requirements for Powerful Features" strawman.

There are normative algorithms which I expect Service Worker, Web Crypto, EME, and other future specs to point to when outlining restrictions on their use (copy/pasted out of the MIX document, with slight adjustments).

There will be non-normative portions outlining which categories of feature ought to opt-into such restrictions and why.

WebAppSec seems like a natural home for this kind of document. If you think it ought to go to the TAG instead, but it seems pretty clearly covered by the draft charter we're all pretty happy with. :)

-mike

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com<mailto:mkwst@google.com>>
Google+: https://mkw.st/+<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v1/url?u=https://mkw.st/%2B&k=ZVNjlDMF0FElm4dQtryO4A%3D%3D%0A&r=HU3cThGizwgsko8%2BWBMXZg%3D%3D%0A&m=SXo0mEZ7QIs5uoV8kVnVHsGDI1Q0WaIQRYDwPz5FCK4%3D%0A&s=54b280fcd50ea6e013f0871eae41c3ba3760e017ad9e42cf8b4a34d9fa8ce3b2>, Twitter: @mikewest, Cell: +49 162 10 255 91

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München, Germany
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)