Re: [webappsec] Rechartering: force secure-only child browsing contexts

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 7:27 PM, Ryan Sleevi <sleevi@google.com> wrote:
> So, that's a lot of hypotheticals. My gut is that they're correct - but we
> need empirical data, either due to a browser implementing it ("Damn the
> torpedoes!") or through telemetry/metrics.

I agree.

> Since I like security more than complexity, consider it a +1 to spec'ing it,
> and then we revisit during whenever that point during the revised W3C
> process where people actually implement and discover it might need to be
> opt-in for some time before (eventually) becoming default.

I think this can be specified by just adding a couple of sentences
and/or bullet points to the existing Mixed Content draft. I am happy
to write that up, if people agree.

If it turns out to be a compatibility nightmare then we can just cut
it from Mixed Content before it hits Recommendation status.

Cheers,
Brian