[webappsec] TPAC summary

From: Brad Hill <hillbrad@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 11:23:02 -0800
To: "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>
A quick tl;dr summary of business of note at TPAC:

We burned down the full issues list for CSP Level 2 and ratified
consensus to transition to Candidate Recommendation.

We also ratified consensus to transition CSP 1.0 to Note status after
Level 2 reaches CR.

We decided to split Subresource Integrity into a "minimum viable" spec
on which consensus could be possible in the short term, and move
controversial or less-well defined features like HTTP, relaxing mixed
content warnings and content-addressable caching to a "version.Next"
draft.

We discussed re-chartering, including presentations on new possible
topics not in the survey from:

David Ross on Entry Point Regulation manifests (EPR).

http://randomdross.blogspot.com/2014/08/entry-point-regulation-for-web-apps.html

Deian Stefan on COWL:

http://cowl.ws

I'll send out some independent emails summarizing the state of the all
proposed deliverables for rechartering so we can have independent
threads to track.  (probably after today's call in 30 minutes)

-Brad