Re: [SRI] may only be used in documents in secure origins

There is a clear benefit in doing SRI on a document delivered over an unauthenticated origin, I agree.
SRI over HTTP is making the situation a bit safer than no SRI at all.

Although it would be desirable for every site to use HTTPS,
I don't think that SRI is the right way of promoting this.

(I feel like I have anticipated this thread https://github.com/w3c/webappsec/pull/74#)