Re: PFWG comments on User Interface Security Directives for Content Security Policy

Thank you for the feedback, Michael and WAI.

Regarding 1, use of RFC2119 in informative sections, I've fixed this.

Regarding 2:

   WebAnywhere proxies content, it doesn't frame it.  As such, CSP headers
are never delivered to the end user.  I believe that is the only plausible
way for such a system to work without requiring browser modifications
because otherwise the Same Origin Policy would prevent the wrapping frame
from gaining access to the content.  I've added the following text to make
this clear:

"Accessibility technologies that act as a proxy MAY filter
any UISecurity policies if they cause interference with the user's
chosen methods of accessing the content."

  I mention screen magnifiers in the text already - I can't say normatively
how any given one would work because each might be implemented at a
different layer (in the user agent vs. in the operating system), and each
browser implementation might obtain its "control image" from a different
layer: some might use getUserMedia() of an off-screen canvas unaffected by
an operating-system magnifier, others might use an OS facility that does.

  I don't have any reason to think, and the specification doesn't say
anything about, the source of events, be they from mouse actions, simulated
or not, platform accessibility APIs or the DOM, so I don't believe this
should impact how it is enforced in UI Event Handling.  These kinds of
questions were ones WebAppSec originally brought to the WAI as subject
matter experts, but we haven't been able to obtain any clarification as to
how specifically they change the DOM event model.

 I've changed the relevant paragraph to read more strongly:

"Use of accessibility technologies MUST NOT by itself cause
the input-protection heuristic to be triggered.
Accessibility technologies that modify the appearance of a resource,
such as screen magnifiers, contrast enhancers, or screen readers
that highlight the element currently being read, have the potential to
interfere with the obstruction check.
If a user agent is able to detect that accessibility technologies are in use
that could cause interference, the check MUST be disabled.  In some cases,
interference from accessiblity tools may be avoided by acquiring
the user image in terms of the user agent's local
rendering surface, rather than using an operating-system level
screenshot."

Regarding 3 and 4, I have added the requested text.

Updates can be verified at:

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/user-interface-safety/raw-file/tip/user-interface-safety.html

thank you,

Brad Hill