Re: "Mixed Content" draft up for review.

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Mike West <mkwst@google.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 2:55 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>> True, and the same goes for only checking top. However, the current
>> algorithm does not do that. It returns as soon it verifies the current
>> document.
>
> I think we need both. Consider http://a.com -> https://b.com -> data: ->
> http://c.com
>
> Before loading c, we check the parent, which is a secure context because of
> b.com. If we only checked a.com, we'd allow c.com to load. I don't think we
> want that.

Again, https://w3c.github.io/webappsec/specs/mixedcontent/#categorize-environment
step 1 says if the environment is TLS-protected, you return true. And
you are not checking the parent in step 2 (which would not be reached
if the current environment was secure), you check the top.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/