Re: Removal of the note about extensions

On 2/22/2014 12:30 PM, Mike "Pomax" Kamermans wrote:
> The change [...] ends the web as we know it today.

hyperbole much? The majority of users today are using a browser based on
open source. If any of us do something to "end the web as we know it"
someone will quickly create FlameDog or Molybdenum undoing the change.

> I'd like to recommend a change instead to "Processing Model [...] A user
> agent MUST allow users a mechanism to override any aspect of the policy,

MUST is never going to fly: there are user agents that are not browsers.
There's no way my car's console, for example, could meaningfully comply
with such a requirement.

> Is a bookmarklet "installed"? Maybe,

Yes they are. The user has done something that causes them to be added
to their browser UI; they are no longer web content.

-Dan Veditz