Re: Remove paths from CSP?

From: Daniel Veditz <dveditz@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 10:14:47 -0800
To: "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>
Sigbjørn Vik wrote:
> XSS is a serious issue on the web, but it is well known how to fix it.
> Phishing is an even worse issue on the web, with no simple ways for
> fixing. Fixing a serious issue at the cost of an even worse one seems
> like a suboptimal tradeoff, especially when an almost identical solution
> exists without the tradeoff.

I think I'm lost... how does this relate to phishing? I can't agree that
that phishing is worse than XSS, but maybe we mean different things by
phishing because I don't see the connection.

What is the "almost identical solution... without the tradeoff"? Simply
dropping paths as Mike suggested? Sorry for being dense but this is a
long thread and I'm not entirely sure which of the suggested solutions
you mean.

-Dan Veditz