Re: Remove paths from CSP?

From: Michal Zalewski <lcamtuf@coredump.cx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 08:18:05 -0800
To: Mike West <mkwst@google.com>
Cc: Egor Homakov <homakov@gmail.com>, "public-webappsec@w3.org" <public-webappsec@w3.org>
> Neither GitHub nor Facebook use paths in their policies today.

Well, I don't think it's fair to use this as an argument given that
paths aren't a part of CSP 1.0 and probably very few people outside
this list even know they were supported; the awareness of potential
weaknesses on origin-scoped CSP is probably about as limited; and the
number of observed attacks that leveraged origin scoping weaknesses in
the past is very close to zero.

(Plus, glass houses, stones: it's nor like non-path-based CSP is
enjoying widespread adoption at this point to begin with, so we should
be careful with using current adoption as a proxy for future
usefulness.)

/mz