Re: Proposal: Prefer secure origins for powerful new web platform features

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 11:06 PM, John Kemp <john@jkemp.net> wrote:
> I simply think access to web platform features should not be limited to
> those servers who have paid some (pretty small) amount of money to someone
> else the user doesn't actually know to vouch for them that they should have
> the user's trust in these matters using a technology (with all due respect
> to your work, and others) that _outside of additional non-technical context_
> does not provide enough of a guarantee of secure mutual authentication.

I just reread your earlier emails and I'm still not entirely sure what
you are getting it. A pointer to more information would be
appreciated. The whole setup of the CA system seems to be that they
verify that the person that owns a domain gets a key.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/