Re: Proposal: Prefer secure origins for powerful new web platform features

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 4:55 PM, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com> wrote:
> What, though, if the
> alternative was not just a few dollars but millions ? What if the
> alternative is using a plugin ?

If you're dealing in user's information then you have obligations
which extend *further* than just using HTTPS. But using HTTPS is a
minimum and it's something that we can check.

Plugins have long been a hole and something that we have to deal with.
But just because we're still working on it[1] doesn't mean that we're
going to throw in the towel in other places.

[1] http://www.chromium.org/developers/npapi-deprecation

Cheers

AGL