Re: Comment on Content Security Policy 1.1, Draft of Dec 12 2012

I think an "or" relationship between script-src and script-nonce can be
very convenient for developers, but doesn't it pose a security problem with
dynamically added CSP rules meta tags? If I understand correctly, it would
violate the "only stricter policies can be applied dynamically" rule. (
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webappsec/2012Dec/0054.html)

Example:
A certain site has very strict CSP that only enable inline scripts with a
certain nonce.
Assuming that the nonce was compromised (not random enough, etc) and a
malicious script was able to run, that script can now add dynamic meta tags
that permit 'script-src' from its malicious host, permitting it to send
information (session id, cookies, etc) to its host and fetch more malicious
code if necessary.

I realize the above example may not be a very common case, and it can be
circumvented by imposing more restrictions on dynamically added CSP rules,
but wouldn't a "script-inline-nonce" policy that has no effect on
"script-src" be a better separation?

Yoav