Re: Do we need Connectors between javascript and security software at personal device?

On 2/13/2013 11:12 PM, Mountie Lee wrote:
> can we image WebAppSec JS API detect antivirus software is running or not?
> can we image WebAppSec JS API detect OS firewall is enabled or not?
>
> is this out of scope of this WG?
>
> this requirement is raised by preparing real security countermeasures.

Those don't fit the current charter (which lists specific items we're
working on) but if the W3C were to look into them they fit the subject
matter of this working group.

I would be concerned about the privacy impacts of leaking that
information to every site on the web. It's not clear to me what gain the
user gets in return except on a very few sites.

-Dan Veditz