Re: CSP script hashes

Hi,

>  Supported algorithms can be added/removed in new versions of CSP.

i'm not sure about removing supported algorithms from new versions of CSP, won't this break sites
who use those algorithms and haven't updated yet ? ie their hashes won't work so their scripts
won't be inlined, which will likely break the site.

as far as this piece :

"Should dynamic creation of script elements that match the hash, e.g. with document.write(), be allowed or is the policy only evaluated on the first pass of the input stream preprocessor and new inline script nodes prohibited thereafter? " Proposal: prohibit dynamic addition of inline script blocks. Can anyone think of a reason that it would be problematic to prohibit dynamic addition of inline script blocks?"

what is the rationale for preventing this beyond difficulty of implementation ?

thanks,
ian