Re: Updated script hash proposal (non spec text)

On 11.12.2013 00:07, Garrett Robinson wrote:
> On 12/10/2013 02:58 PM, Jim Manico wrote:
>> Especially in Europe, NIST standards are frowned upon. Any chance
>> whirlpool or other non-NIST hashes can be supported?

I don't know where this is coming from and my opinion is probably as
biased as anyone else's, but I haven't heard about whirlpool in ages and
don't think that non-NIST hashes are generally frowned upon here in Europe.
The SHA2 family is popular and so will SHA3 be in the future. Though it
might be interesting to look at other SHA3 candidates or their
successors like BLAKE2, which has really great performance.