Re: Updated script hash proposal (non spec text)

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 2:55 PM, Garrett Robinson <grobinson@mozilla.com>wrote:

> On 12/10/2013 02:51 PM, Neil Matatall wrote:
>
>> Just wanted to point out an example of this in the wild
>> http://dionyziz.logimus.com/content-security-policy/
>>

> Awesome! The Firefox WIP is almost ready to land too. One thing - we only
> support sha256/384/512, due to well known concerns with SHA1's collison
> resistance. This example is using sha1, which it says is the only algorithm
> Chrome supports at the moment. Do we want to spec the supported algorithms
> for 1.1?

I'll update the example to add test cases for SHA256/384/512. By the way, I
moved it to an HTTPS/HSTS URL to illustrate good practices, as CSP builds
on the assumption that HTTP headers cannot be tampered with:

https://dionyziz.com/content-security-policy/

However, when building this, I couldn't find the script-hash grammar on the
CSP 1.1 spec. Are there any plans to update the draft soon? It's hard to
get working examples without a spec - one has to dig into the individual
browser source code to see how things are done.

I recommend that we specify SHA256/384/512 on the spec and drop SHA1
completely. There are no backwards compatibility issues here, so there is
no need to support a hash function which might not be collision-resistant.

So, let's update the CSP 1.1 draft to add the grammar for this.