Re: Proposed CSRF countermeasure

I guess I question the consistency of the reasoning here.   On the one
hand, you say it's a good idea to make server-side decisions, e.g. in a
WAF, to manage exceptions and set the policy in the first place.   On the
other, you say it's not a good idea to insist the server have knowledge of
the invocation safety of its own resources.

 Why couldn't decisions about which cookies to strip also be made by a WAF
with the same level of configuration and knowledge of application structure
as is needed for SOS?