From: Fred Andrews [mailto:fredandw@live.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 3:37 PM
To: public-webappsec@w3.org
Subject: CSP 1.0: Are UAs permitted to implement reporting as opt-in?

It would be appreciated if the WG could clarify if a browser conforming to CSP 1.0 is permitted to implement reporting as opt-in?

It was my understanding based on the decision of issue 11 and prior discussion on this list that CSP 1.0 required a UA to submit a report when requested by the server and thus that a server could depend on this.  However a recent response suggests this may not be the consensus.

cheers
Fred