Re: Review of new CORS tests

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013, at 0:13, Brad Hill wrote:
> So, what's the standard on these issues?  One of the issues is "trailing
> whitespace".  Do I really need to "fix" that?  How do I do that?  Abandon
> the commit and create a new one?  Can I "edit" it somehow?  Sorry, git
> newb
> here.

So, it's reviewed and committed now. I tried finding out how to do that
in a smooth way (as we do internally at Opera), but it seems that
workflow is not supported with GitHub.

The commit is here:
https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/commit/d2a10f31b00df85aa0a4f8b242785d838f82f788

I took away all irrelevant stuff. :)

It's good not to add style irritations. I've looked enough at the
network code in old presto  to start being extremely irritated at people
who use weird tab settings and get away with it.

When you let it go too far, it really hurts read- and scanability.
Though style errors are normally only fixed when you're already fixing
other stuff. It's however bad form to introduce new where there was
previously none.

Also, test-runners are not really supposed to be in the testrepo like
that. They should rather be in tools/ if so. Very quickly every WG would
have a copy of the same test-runner all around, and that's not very
useful nor good. Say there's a security issue, then you have to hunt
around for all the different versions. No good. Better to have it at one
place where everyone can use it. :)
--
  Odin Hørthe Omdal
  odinho@opera.com