Re: TPAC: Is there any interest in the Web Share breakout meeting?

Hi Marcos,

On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 at 15:48, Marcos Caceres <marcos@marcosc.com> wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> > On 26 Oct 2020, at 11:14 am, Matt Giuca <mgiuca@chromium.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Web Plat WG,
> >
> > I saw that Marcos created a Web Share breakout meeting at 21:00 UTC on
> Tuesday. However, aside from two editors at Google (myself and Eric), there
> is only one person on the attendee list on the Google Calendar.
> >
> > I'm not sure if others are planning to attend ad hoc, so I guess this is
> a call for interest. (This meeting is also at an inconvenient time for us
> in Sydney.)
>
> Spoke to Kagami - we are ok to move the meeting forward if it suits the
> Sydney folks better. The time was so it would still be able to get the US
> and late evening in EU. However, it's ok to shift it by one or two hours if
> that works better.

I have an unavoidable errand from 8:15 to 9:00 so it's difficult for me.
I'm reluctant to move it later because then it will clash with other
meetings and there may be other folks planning to attend who will also
experience clashes if we move it.

I think Eric can be there for the whole time, so perhaps I should just try
my darndest to get back by 9 and attend the last hour. (Only problem is
that it might end prematurely.) How long do we actually think it will take?
Is the 2 hours just a buffer or do you think we have 2 hours of material to
discuss?

Perhaps we can just make it 9-10?

> If we don't have enough people to make progress on the spec issues,
> perhaps we should cancel this meeting and attempt to discuss those
> asynchronously?
>
> That's also an option. We thought have a high bandwidth discussion might
> work best as we've got a quite a few overlapping issues around files +
> validation, canShare(), and the proposed canShareFiles/Type().

I agree it would be best to discuss those issues in a high-bandwidth
meeting.

I do want to make sure all the people with a stake in it are present,
though. I don't believe I've met Kagami — are you implementing WS on
Firefox or planning to contribute to the spec? Also, within Google, Eric
and I are both only able to represent the Chrome OS side, so it would be
good to have Android folks present as well. I am putting out some feelers
on that front.

It just occurred to me to invite Hoch from Microsoft, who has implemented
Web Share on Windows in Edge/Chromium. Hoch, I CCd you on this thread. The
TPAC meeting is scheduled for 2–4 PM Tuesday Pacific time / 9–11 PM UTC.
Are you able to attend?