Re: FPWD of Pointer Lock 2.0

My proposal for today is to use other buttons. I'm aware of the common game
paradigm of ESC exiting games. I've played plenty of counter strike, ;) but
we also needed a reliable unlock gesture.

My implementation in Chrome does not re-show The ESC instructions when a
page calls exitPointerLock and then requestPointerLock again - specifically
to avoid the nuisance you mentioned.

Keyboard Lock, if it progresses, will offer applications & games the
ability to override taps to ESC key (the user agent will use a sustained
hold of ESC to force exit). See linked explainers and spec drafts here:
https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5642959835889664